Hello Readers! Welcome back. If you are planning to prepare for the Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals DP-900 exam, then you have arrived at the right place. With the advent of role-based certifications, Microsoft has come up with specific data service certifications, code named as the DP series i.e., Data Platform series. The role-based certifications are at different levels: fundamentals, associate, and expert levels. Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals DP-900 is the foundation level of the Data Platform series.
|TABLE OF CONTENT|
|1. What to expect from this article?|
|3. Key Benefits of DP-900 Certification|
|4. Exam Pattern|
|5. Percentage of questions for all the Modules|
|6. Study Materials and References|
|7. Tips and Tricks|
|8. Get Certified Now|
What to expect from this article?
A curated list of material is available throughout this article, starting from the core concepts of Microsoft Azure, prerequisites for candidates, the exam pattern along with the module wise percentage of questions, and reference material. You will be seeing a lot of tips, and tricks to crack the exam. Moreover, self-learning portal links are available in the later sections. Following them thoroughly, will give an upper hand on the concepts and help the candidate emerge as a winner, with the coveted DP-900 certified badge from Microsoft.
Data Engineers, Data Architect, Database Administrator, or anyone having knowledge on concepts of relational and non-relational data, different types of workloads such as transactional and analytical can attempt the DP-900 exam. As this is the first certification in the Data Platform series, basic knowledge about Azure services, data definition language (DDL), and data manipulation language (DML)will be very helpful along with basic concepts related to RDBMS like views, schema, query, etc. Microsoft Azure services knowledge like storage, containers, and other managed services will come in handy if preparing for the DP-900 exam. Other than this, there is no other requirement for candidates appearing for this exam.
- Candidates will get vast knowledge on how data is managed in the cloud (Microsoft Azure) and how to work with it using Microsoft Azure services.
- Getting DP-900 certification will qualify you for Associate level certifications like Azure Database Administrator, Azure Data Engineer and earn two-star badges.
- IT market is flooded with jobs for people who work with data and use Microsoft Azure Services. Candidates having Microsoft certification badges in their CV have a huge advantage.
- Certification is a way to let others know that your skills have been validated.
Percentage of questions for all modules
Questions are distributed across all the modules. There are four modules and the following is the percentage of questions for respective modules.
- Module 1: Describe Core Data Concepts (15-20%)
From this module, you can expect questions on Core data workloads i.e., Batch data, Streaming data, the difference between them, and characteristics of Relational data. Questions on Data Visualization will be imminent. Other important concepts are analytics techniques, Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) and Extract, Load and Transform (ELT) processing, and data processing.
- Module 2: Describe How to Work with Relational Data on Azure (25-30%)
In this module, more stress is on Relational Data on Azure. Understand relational Data Structures and Azure Data services thoroughly. Questions will be to test basic cloud computing concepts such as SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS. There may be some questions on security components, query techniques by comparing relational Data in PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Azure SQL Database.
- Module 3: Describe How to work with non-relational Data on Azure (25-30%)
This module covers the topics on Non-relational Data Workloads, characteristics, types and how to use them, Azure data services for non-relational workloads, Azure Cosmos DB APIs, Azure Table Storage, Azure Blob Storage, Azure File Storage, etc. In the Management sections, questions will arise from provisioning and deployment of non-relational data services, security and authorization components, and related tools.
- Module 4: Describe an Analytics Workload on Azure (25-30%)
Various components of Data Warehousing, Architecture, and workload are discussed in this module. Other important topics in this module are Data Ingestion and Processing on Azure, Azure Data Factory, Data Processing Options and Data Visualization in Microsoft Power BI. Understanding Analytics Workload on Azure is key to cracking the Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals DP-900 Certification Exam.
Study materials and references
There are various ways to prepare for this certification
- Microsoft Learn Portal
- Microsoft Documentation
- Microsoft Official Courseware (MOC) is available upon enrolment
- Instructor lead training is available that can help you learn the Microsoft Azure fundamentals with a structured approach.
- CloudThat also provides Test Prep for anyone attempting this course where unlimited access is provided to our library for Microsoft Azure, MCQs, and performance tracker.
Tips and Tricks
Few things to understand before attempting the final exam and to be able to sweep through smoothly.
- Appear for the exam right after attending the training, as the concepts are fresh in your mind.
- While answering the questions, eliminate the wrong choices and choose the final answer.
- If you find any complicated question can be attempted later and mark it for later after finishing the whole test.
- There is no negative marking for the wrong answers, so attempt all the answers.
- Take a deep breath before you dive in and remember everyone starts somewhere so there is provision for reattempts to the DP-900 exam.
Get Certified Now
It is always great to get the right source of learning to Move Up. At CloudThat we have a course aimed at preparing candidates for the Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals DP-900 certification exam and register with CloudThat.
If you have just begun your Microsoft Azure journey related to data in the cloud, then ‘Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ-900’ will be a good course to get started. This is the first exam in Data Platform Series and it is all about data fundamentals.
Feel free to drop any questions in the comment box and we will get back to you quickly.
Many thanks to Jagadesh Gonnagar for co-authoring this blog who will be happy to answer any of your queries.
I hope you have enjoyed this article. Best of luck!