“Any advanced technology was believably once called magic”
1. Case study:
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the education sector in various ways. As many organizations were not prepared to move the operations, research, and development to remote working options as tracking them were business-critical. One such academic institution was Purdue University. To address this problem, Carrie Berger, Associate Dean for Research at Purdue University, approached Microsoft and asked, “What would be the right solution to solve this issue?”
Microsoft Power Platform and education teams partnered with Purdue University to create a Power Platform solution template for tracking the financial impact related to COVID-19, which could also be used to track the impact of any crises or disruption. How various products of Power Platform help a large organization’s education system in times of pandemic is not a mystery anymore. Read the full article on the case study here.
Building business apps, automating critical business processes, building self-service portals to enhance customer experience, creating chatbots with virtual agents have been made accessible by Microsoft products. The core products of the Power Platform as provided by Microsoft are Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power Virtual agents. The prominent features of Power Platform are Data Connectors, AI Builder, and Microsoft Dataverse (earlier known as Common Data Service). Microsoft’s Power Platform is a low-code platform as the environment is a GUI rather than a traditional script editor, powered by Microsoft Azure providing quick and easy app building capabilities and handle data effectively.
3. What to expect from this article?
This is a comprehensive study guide that will help you crack Microsoft’s Power Platform PL-900 certification exam easily. Everything and anything you need to know before attending the fundamental exam for Power Platform is available in this blog. I will walk you through the topics that are covered, exam pattern, dos, and don’ts and all the required material, and links to support your learning and progress your career to newer heights.
Fresh graduates or candidates with basic knowledge of Business applications like Dynamics 365 should have a foundation level knowledge of Power Platform and Microsoft Azure Services. Understanding cloud computing concepts are essentials for candidates taking up the Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals PL-900 Certification Exam.
5. Key Benefits:
- Completing PL-900 certification will be a comprehensive benefits PL-100 exam aspirant
- Basics of building a mobile/tab compatible app with low code or no code in a day are possible with Power platform basic knowledge
- As a certified Power Platform professional, help your clients build intelligent solutions
- Build flows and automate your business process with Microsoft Power Automate
- Quickly build a simple dashboard to impress your clients with
- Build a chatbot and deploy it on your organization’s website
- Create attractive portals for your customers to stay ahead of your competitors with Power Apps Portals
- Use AI Builder to predict the sentiment of your customer’s email
6. Exam Pattern:
7. Percentage of the question for all the modules:
- Describe the business value of Power Platform (20-25%)
In this module, questions will be on Power Platform concepts, products, and their use cases. Expect scenario-based questions, answers leading to the various Power Platform products.
- Identify the core components of Power Platform (20-25%)
Common Data Service (CDS) Connectors, AI builders are some topics in this module from which you can expect questions.
- Demonstrate the capabilities of Power BI (10-15%)
Questions from this module are from uses of visualization control including pie, bar, donut, scatter plots and KPIs, filters, use cases of Power BI, creating, publishing, and sharing dashboard using Power BI. Fewer questions can be expected from this module.
- Describe the capabilities of Power Apps (20-25%)
This module deals with building mobile/ tab apps using various Power App types such as Model-driven app, Portal driven app, and a canvas app each having unique properties. Learn about interacting with CDS using Portals.
- Demonstrate the capabilities of Power Automate (15-20%)
Explain the difference between different types of flows and where they are used, design flows that are pulling data from many data sources including artificial intelligence, build Power Platform flow by starting from blank or a template. Questions from this module will be scenario-based and test if your knowledge is thorough in Power Automate or not.
- Demonstrate the business value of Power Virtual Agents (10-15%)
From this module, fewer questions can be expected in the exam. Questions will be on the topic of Power Virtual Agent’s uses in an organization, essential components of Power Virtual agents like chatbots, and where you can publish Power Virtual Agents chatbots.
8. How to prepare for the exam:
There are various ways to prepare for this certification
- Microsoft Official Courseware (MOC) are provided by CloudThat upon enrolment for the course
- Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals Learning Path
- Microsoft Documentation
- Case studies for understanding customer requirement
- Instructor lead training is available, which can help you learn the Power Platform fundamentals with a structured approach
- CloudThat also provides Test Prep for anyone attempting this course where unlimited access is provided to our library for Azure, MCQs, and performance tracker.
- Check out the Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals PL-900 course link for additional information
9. Tips and Tricks:
- Concentrate on ‘What’ and ‘Why’ of Power Platform concepts
- Enhance your understanding of Microsoft Dataverse (Common Data Service)
- Analyze Customer Success stories to understand the business value and the kind of business requirements that Power Platform can address and fulfill
- Be aware of the capabilities of all the tools that Power Platform offers and get ready to use this knowledge in the exam (going to be very useful)
- Don’t miss out on taking up CloudThat’s TestPrep thoroughly before you write the actual exam
10: Get Certified now:
It is always great to get the right source of learning to Move Up. At CloudThat we have a course aimed at preparing participants/candidates for Microsoft Power Platform PL-900. You can also register by visiting the Microsoft website.
Now that you have completed learning all the material, here is a Free Sample Questions for PL-900 Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals. Attempt all the questions and check if your answers are correct with the list provided at the end.
Join the Power Platform revolution along with 100+ fortune 500 companies and CloudThat will be there to support your career growth.