Organizations have the challenge of identifying and closing skill gaps amongst employees so that a project–ready workforce is available at any point of time at their disposal. Learning Needs Analysis is the foremost step to be taken to determine the gap between the existing skills, knowledge, and competencies and those desired. Designing a simple data-driven, self-assessment tool that smoothens the entire process of identifying employee skills gaps is an art as well as science. CloudThat has devised a Smart Data-Driven self-assessment tool available free of cost for organizations to ensure a robust skill assessment of employees without hassles. This blog post shares in detail the features of our Learning Needs Analysis tool and answers what is training needs assessment in a succinct manner.
Table of Contents
Why Organizations Require Learning Needs Analysis?
The need for Learning Needs Analysis can be looked at from two perspectives:
1. Employee perspective
- Employees can get an insight into what are their roles and responsibilities in the organization.
- Understand and evaluate their existing skill sets in the cloud domain.
- Assess their motivational levels to enroll for a cloud training offering.
- Streamline expectations from any of the cloud training that they have planned to take up.
2. Organizational perspective
- Fine-tune organizational strategies to roll out cloud-based training programs.
- To prepare a checklist and guidelines for offering the training.
- How to create a process to deliver the training programs.
Generic Advantages of Learning Needs Analysis
Learning Needs Analysis helps organizations to build an effective process for employee training. Here are some advantages of such a training needs analysis process:
- Your organization can identify and prioritize its learning needs.
- Learning can be mapped to organizational objectives.
- Learning can be focused on specific requirements.
- Employees’ time can be effectively utilized by channeling them to appropriate training.
- Limited value training can be eliminated.
- Effectively manage financial resources.
- Imparting tailor-made training as per your requirements.
What is Data-Driven Learning Needs Analysis
Data-driven decision-making ensures there is no room for assumptions and guessing by relying on verified and analyzed data to make decisions. Moreover, collecting, extracting, formatting, and analyzing insights for enhanced data-driven decision-making in business with Big-Data analytics helps organizations to take swift decisions. This approach can also be used in developing Learning Needs Analysis tools and CloudThat has done it.
Are the Training Needs Analysis and Learning Needs Analysis one and the same? Though these terms are used interchangeably Learning Needs Analysis revolves around the needs of Learners as they are considered as the focal point whereas in training needs analysis emphasis is on the training that is planned and delivered.
CloudThat Learning Needs Analysis Tool
How does our Learning Needs Analysis Tool work?
CloudThat Learning Needs Analysis (LNA) is a smart data-driven free self-assessment tool and works in 5 simple steps:
- First, your employees must take up our LNA self-assessment surveys from anywhere and with any device.
- Data is systematically reviewed by our cloud learning experts.
- Skill gaps and learning needs are identified.
- Assistance in preparing organizational and individual training plans is provided.
- Help to deliver training as per your organizational business goals.
This tool offers a 3-steps approach for strategizing cost-effective training programs and delivering effective cloud-skills training for your team. The steps are:
- Align Organization training and business objectives– Helps to map business outcomes with organizational structure or internal teams. Also, it enables you to map the current business roles with the cloud roles.
- Complete free-self-assessment survey- Your employees can take up a free and simple survey and assess their cloud skills in multiple areas. The easy interface of our LNA tool helps your organization to capture the data easily.
- Prepare organizational and individual training plans- Our experts guide your organization to prepare LNA self-assessment outcomes and assist you to prepare a training plan as per your business goals, needs, and resources.
Benefits of CloudThat Learning Needs Analysis Tool
A plethora of benefits can be fetched by using our LNA tool. Important ones include:
- Unleashing the power of data-driven planning so that your organization has complete access to training and certification plans that are developed based on data and facts.
- Access to a blueprint of where and how to accomplish training investments.
- Strategize organization-oriented planning by encouraging active employee participation in finalizing the training plans.
Get your employee assessed in a swift and smart way with our free self-assessment Learning Needs Analysis Tool and ensure your training initiatives are transformed as targeted investments. This tool helps your organization plan training initiatives as per your business goals. More details here: CloudThat LNA.
As a pioneer in the Cloud Computing training realm, we are a Microsoft Gold Partner, AWS Advanced Consulting Partner, and AWS Training partner. Also, as we are Google Cloud Partners delivering best-in-industry training for Azure, AWS, and GCP (Google Cloud Platform). We are on a mission to build a strong cloud computing ecosystem by disseminating knowledge on technological intricacies within the cloud space. Our various certification training courses help organizations to get their workforce trained and thus reap the benefits of valid knowledge to strengthen the organization’s workflow.