We know it is a painful and cumbersome exercise to move WordPress installation from BlueHost to AWS. We have been getting lot of consulting requests from lot of companies for migrating their WordPress installation from BlueHost to AWS.
This gave us an idea to come up with a solution for making this migration simple & easy for everyone.
So, we are extremely proud to launch our new initiative, https://www.movetoaws.com which is totally FREE!
We have created this platform to offer applications that will facilitate moving various web properties from various sources to AWS (Amazon Web Services) seamlessly & hassle-free.
We are super excited to roll-out our first offering under this initiative, i.e., Migrate WordPress from BlueHost to AWS.
This application will help you in migrating your existing WordPress websites residing on BlueHost to Amazon Web Services (AWS) with just few clicks. This application requires credentials of the source site i.e. BlueHost in this case including IP, Username and Password. In addition, this application also requires Access Key and Secret Access Key of an existing AWS account in order to validate it.
Let’s have a preview of this application:
- Below is the snapshot of the Home Page from where you can login using your facebook credentials. This application will not store your credentials anywhere. As soon as you logout from this application, all your login information will be removed and you will have to enter your credentials once again the next time.
- After a successful login, it will ask for your BlueHost credentials so as to check for WordPress installation on the source site.
- If you have multiple WordPress installations on the source site, then the application will give you an option to select a particular WordPress site which has to be migrated to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- In order to migrate your WordPress site to Amazon Web Services, the application will ask you for the Access Key ID and Secret Access Key of your AWS account.
- To build the infrastructure that you need, you have to select AWS Region, Key-Pair, Instance Type, DB Type and DB Capacity.
Then, the application will prompt you to enter the following fields:
AWS Region: Here you need to specify the region or geographical location where you want this infrastructure to be created.
Key Name: The name of an already existing key pair in the selected region needs to be specified. Along with that the key pair also needs to be uploaded.
Instance Type: Here the instance type of the server needs to be selected.
DB Type: Here the instance type for the MySQL database needs to be specified.
DB Capacity: Here you have to choose the desired storage size of the database.
The performance of your WordPress application will depend on the type of infrastructure that you have chosen for migration. Click NEXT to start the migration.
Now the following question arises: How to select the correct Database and EC2 Instance Type based on a particular use case. AWS provides different EC2 instance types suitable for various use cases, you can configure the amount of the storage, region, input / output operations as per your requirements. Also, you can choose the instance type for your database as per your requirement. Here are some useful links that will help you to choose the correct instance type:
If you do not have a key pair, create one by logging in to your AWS account:
For example, To migrate a typical WordPress site you may need:
- Region : Singapore
- Key-Pair : xxxxx.pem
- Instance Type : t2.micro
- DB Type : t2.micro
- Storage : 10GB
As soon as you move to the next step, the application will prompt you via a confirmation dialog box where you need to ensure that you are fine with the chosen infrastructure.
After the confirmation, you need to wait for around 40 minutes for the operations that need to be completed to ensure successful migration.
Features of this application:
- Allows you to choose a particular WordPress Site which is to be migrated amongst multiple sites.
- It starts an EC2 instance to move all the existing configuration.
- The database content is moved to MySQL RDS.
- S3 bucket will also get created during migration to hold all unstructured data like images, videos, audios, etc.
- A plugin will be automatically configured and will get activated during the migration which will take care of moving data to S3 and rewriting the URLs. You can customize the services provided by the plugin by logging into the admin panel.
How to enable S3 and Cloudfront services:
- Login as Admin to the migrated site.
- Move your mouse pointer to AWS on the left hand side panel, select S3 and Cloudfront.
- Enable the service to copy to S3.
- Enable the service to serve from S3.
- Enable the service to rewrite URLs.
Pricing for Cloud Infrastructure:
The application itself is free, but AWS charges will apply for using their products and services.
In-case of any assistance / queries / feedback, kindly feel free to contact us via respective forms available on the platform.
TRY IT NOW!!! – https://www.movetoaws.com