TABLE OF CONTENT
|4. How AWS Elemental Link Works|
|5. AWS Elemental Link HD|
|7. How to Procure the Device from AWS Elemental Link|
|9. About CloudThat|
Streaming videos live on the internet is becoming popular with music concerts, telecast live shows from the street, or podcasts from social media influencers. However, while many applications provide live recording options these days, the quality of the content gets compromised. In this regard, AWS has developed an innovative device to solve real problems faced by this generation.
AWS Elemental Link is an encoding device that connects a live video source to AWS Elemental MediaLive, compresses the video, and gets it ready for live streaming. There are two types of devices available for your use cases.
- Link HD for high-definition (HD) video
- Link UHD for ultra-high definition (UHD) video
These devices offer a configuration-free, reliable, and cost-effective way to transport your video into AWS MediaLive. In addition, the device is simple and easy to use; the user has to connect the power, ethernet, and video source, then you have control over the device from anywhere through the AWS management console.
Let us have a look at AWS Elemental link device
- High-quality video
- Reliable video transport
- Built-in security
- Adapt automatically to network issues
- Fast and easy setup
- Manage and monitor devices remotely
- Small and portable
- High-quality video
- Delight viewers with HDR contents
4. How AWS Elemental Link Works
AWS Elemental Link takes a single video input as a source and sends a single video output up to 1080p at 60fps to AWS MediaLive for video processing. It can further be sent to various AWS Media services and AWS CloudFront for originating, packaging and distribution.
Image Source: aws.amazon.com
5. AWS Elemental Link HD
Output: Single video up to 1080p at 60FPS to AWS MediaLive
Input: Power source, IP network, and either a single 3G-SDI or HDMI video source
Dimensions (W x H x D): 10.80 cm x 3.81 cm x 12.70 cm (4.25 in x 1.50 in x 5.00 in)
6. AWS Elemental Link UHD
Output: Single video up to 2160p at 60 fps to AWS Elemental MediaLive
Input: Power source, IP network, and either a single 12G-SDI or HDMI video source
Dimensions (W x H x D): 13.97 cm x 3.81 cm x 14.29 cm (5.50 in x 1.50 in x 5.625 in)
All the pricing are excluding customs clearance, duty, tax, and shipping
AWS Elemental Link HD: $995 USD
AWS Elemental Link UHD: $4,995 USD
7. How to Procure the Device from AWS Elemental Link
- To Order Now, you will need an active AWS account.
- Login into AWS console
- On the management console search for Elemental Appliances and Software
- Go to Elemental Appliances and Software service home page, open the navigation panel on the left side of the page and select AWS Elemental Link
- This will take you to the product detail page of the AWS Elemental Link device. To begin your order, click “Start Order”
- Enter your order contact information. We will use this information to send you an order confirmation or contact you if we have questions about your order. If you’d like this information used for the delivery contact, simply check the box “Use this information for delivery contact”
- Choose the required product model (HD and UHD) and the required quantity. Choose the AWS Region where you plan to connect your device as input in AWS Elemental MediaLive; once provisioned, you will not be able to use it in any other AWS region. Add a new address to the address book to add your shipping address.
1Note: AWS Elemental will not calculate taxes, customs clearance, or duties for delivery addresses outside the United States
- Once the address has been verified, we can click on ‘Next’
- Review the details and click on next
- Choose the payment method
“Prepayment” is selected, we will send an invoice to the billing contact identified in this step. Once we receive payment, we will ship your order. If “Request invoice with approved payment options” is selected, you will need to enter a purchase order number and upload your PO document to submit your order. We will review your order and reach out to the Order Contact if needed. Otherwise, upon approval of the order, it will move to fulfillment
- Once the required inputs and billing details are verified click on submit
- Once your order is submitted, you’ll be taken to the Quotes and orders page within the Elemental Appliances and Software service. You will see your order under the “AWS Elemental Link order history” tab.
You will also receive an order confirmation email. Once your order has been processed, an invoice will be emailed to the billing contact.
Gone are the days of downloading; it is all Streaming now. With the Streaming Media Industry thriving among the youth, different companies are competing to launch their products in the market. AWS Elemental Link is one of the on-premises Live Streaming devices.
AWS Elemental link devices will be an excellent choice for customers into live event venues, music festivals, or virtual or hybrid events. In addition, it will help in reducing the upfront cost of equipment—finally, the portability, low cost, and broadcast-grade streaming.
9. About CloudThat
CloudThat are the official AWS (Amazon Web Services) Advanced Consulting Partner and Training partner and Microsoft gold partner, helping people develop knowledge on cloud and help their businesses aim for higher goals using best in industry cloud computing practices and expertise. We are on a mission to build a robust cloud computing ecosystem by disseminating knowledge on technological intricacies within the cloud space. Our blogs, webinars, case studies, and white papers enable all the stakeholders in the cloud computing sphere.
I hope this blog gives you an insight on AWS Elemental link device and how to procure it from AWS.
Feel free to drop a comment or any queries that you have regarding AWS Elemental Link, AWS services, consulting, and we will get back to you quickly. To get started, go through our Expert Advisory page and Managed Services Package that is CloudThat’s offerings.