Hello Readers, here are sample questions to help you crack the AZ-304 Microsoft Azure Architect Design certification exam.
You can answer 10 multiple choice questions, verify the correct answer at the end and grab your certificate quickly.
Here goes the Quiz:
- In a typical project, when would you create your storage account(s)? Select one:
b. After deployment when the project is running.
c. At the beginning during project setup.
d. At the end of resource cleanup.
- You can use either the REST API or the Azure client library to programmatically access a storage account. What is the primary advantage of using the client library? Select one:
- Suppose you have two video files stored as blobs. One of the videos is business-critical and requires a replication policy that creates multiple copies across geographically diverse data centers. The other video is non-critical, and a local replication policy is sufficient. Which of the following options would satisfy both data diversity and cost sensitivity consideration? Select one:
a. Create a single storage account that makes use of Local-redundant storage (LRS) and host both videos from here.
b. Create a single storage account that makes use of Geo-redundant storage (GRS) and host both videos from here.
c. Create two storage accounts. The first account makes use of Geo-redundant storage (GRS) and hosts the business-critical video content. The second account makes use of Local-redundant storage (LRS) and hosts the non-critical video content.
- Which of the following situations would yield the most benefits from relocating an on-premises data store to Azure? Select one:
a. Consistent, unchanging storage demand.
b. Long-term, steady growth in storage demand.
c. Unpredictable storage demand that increases and decreases multiple times throughout the year.
- A newly released mobile app using Azure data storage has just been mentioned by a celebrity on social media. As a result, the mobile app is seeing a huge spike in user volume. To meet the unexpected new user demand, what feature of pay-as-you-go storage will be most beneficial? Select one:
a. The ability to meet compliance requirements for data storage
b. The ability to provision and deploy new infrastructure quickly
c. The ability to predict the service costs in advance
- You have defined an autoscale condition with four autoscale rules. The first rule scales out when the CPU utilization reaches 70 percent. The second rule scales back in when the CPU utilization drops below 50 percent. The third rule scales out if memory occupancy exceeds 75 percent. The fourth rule scales back in when memory occupancy falls below 50 percent. When will the system scale-out? Select one:
a. You can’t do this with a single autoscale condition. An autoscale condition can only contain autoscale rules that use the same metric
b. When CPU utilization reaches 70 percent, or memory occupancy exceeds 75 percent
c. When CPU utilization reaches 70 percent, and memory occupancy exceeds 75 percent
- An autoscale rule defines a scale-out action that increases the instance count when the disk queue length exceeds 10. The system scaled out two minutes ago, but the disk queue length is still over 10. When will the system scale-out again? Select one:
a. The autoscale rule will not run again until the system has scaled back in.
b. The autoscale rule will trigger another autoscale action immediately and will continue doing so until the disk queue length drops below 10, or the maximum number of instances have been created.
c. The autoscale rule will not trigger the action again until the cool-down period for the rule has expired. If the disk queue length is still over 10 at this time, the action will be performed.
- You have an Azure subscription that contains an Azure SQL database named DB1. Several queries that query the data in DB1 take a long time to execute. You need to recommend a solution to identify the queries that take the longest to execute. What should you include in the recommendation?
a. Azure Monitor
b. SQL Database Advisor
c. Performance Recommendations
d. Query Performance Insight
- . You have an on-premises Hyper-V cluster. The cluster contains Hyper-V hosts that run Windows Server 2016 Datacenter. The hosts are licensed under a Microsoft Enterprise Agreement that has Software Assurance. The Hyper-V cluster contains 30 virtual machines that run Windows Server 2012 R2. Each virtual machine runs a different workload. The workloads have predictable consumption patterns. You plan to replace the virtual machines with Azure virtual machines that run Windows Server 2016. The virtual machines will be sized according to the consumption pattern of each workload. You need to recommend a solution to minimize the compute costs of the Azure virtual machines. Which two recommendations should you include in the solution? Each correct answer presents part of the solution.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
a. Configure a spending limit in the Azure account center.
b. Create a virtual machine scale set that uses autoscaling.
c. Activate Azure Hybrid Benefit for the Azure virtual machines.
d. Purchase Azure Reserved Virtual Machine Instances for the Azure virtual machines.
e. Create a lab in Azure DevTest Labs and place the Azure virtual machines in the lab.
- A company has a hybrid ASP.NET Web API application that is based on a software as a service (SaaS) offering. Users report general issues with the data. You advise the company to implement live monitoring and use ad hoc queries on stored JSON data. You also advise the company to set up smart alerting to detect anomalies in the data. You need to recommend a solution to set up smart alerting. What should you recommend?
a. Azure Site Recovery and Azure Monitor Logs
b. Azure Data Lake Analytics and Azure Monitor Logs
c. Azure Application Insights and Azure Monitor Logs
d. Azure Security Center and Azure Data Lake Store
Explanation: Storage accounts are stable for the lifetime of a project. It’s common to create them at the start of a project.
Explanation: Code that uses the client library is much shorter and simpler than code that uses the REST API. The client library handles assembling requests and parsing responses for you.
Explanation: Create a two-storage account. The first account makes use of Geo-redundant storage (GRS) and hosts the business-critical video content. The second account makes use of Local-redundant storage (LRS) and hosts the non-critical video content.
Explanation: The demands of storage are increasing, scalability is the feature that will address the data growth and enable businesses to effectively.
Explanation: The ability to provision and deploy new infrastructure quickly is more beneficial.
Explanation: The system will scale-out when CPU utilization reaches 70 percent, or memory occupancy exceeds 75 percent.
Explanation: The autoscale rule will not trigger the action again until the cool-down period for the rule has expired. If the disk queue length is still over 10 at this time, the action will be performed.
Explanation: Query Performance Insight provides intelligent query analysis for single and pooled databases. It helps identify the top resource-consuming and long-running queries in your workload. This helps you find the queries to optimize to improve overall workload performance and efficiently use the resource that you are paying for.
- c & d
Explanation: For customers with Software Assurance, Azure Hybrid Benefit for Windows Server allows you to use your on-premises Windows Server licenses and run. Windows virtual machines on Azure at a reduced cost. You can use Azure Hybrid Benefit for Windows Server to deploy new virtual machines with Windows OS.
With Azure Reserved VM Instances (RIs) you reserve virtual machines in advance and save up to 80 percent.
Explanation: Application Insights, a feature of Azure Monitor, is an extensible Application Performance Management (APM) service for developers and DevOps professionals. Use it to monitor your live applications. It will automatically detect performance anomalies and includes powerful analytics tools to help you diagnose issues and to understand what users do with your app.
This brings us to the end of the correct answers section. For more such practice sessions and hands-on labs, check out the TestPrep material.
Disclaimer: These questions are NOT appearing in the certification exam. I personally or CloudThat do not have any official tie-up with Microsoft regarding the certification or the kind of questions asked. These are my best guesses for the kind of questions to expect with Microsoft in general and with the examination.
Feel free to drop any questions in the comment box, I would love to address them. I hope you enjoyed the article. Best of luck!