Here are some sample questions for the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ-900 Certification Exam. Correct answers and explanations are at the bottom.
Here goes the Quiz:
- Which of the following terms refers to making a service available with no downtime for an extended period?
b. Fault Tolerance
c. High Availability
- Which of the following can be used to manage governance across multiple Azure subscriptions?
a. Azure Initiatives
b. Management Groups
c. Resource Groups
- Which of the following is optimized for storing massive amounts of unstructured data, such as videos and images?
- Azure Resource Manager templates use which format?
- Which of the following could require both a password and a security question for full authentication?
a. Azure Firewall
b. Application Gateway
c. Multi-Factor Authentication
- Which of the following lets you grant users only the rights they need to perform their jobs?
a. Azure Policy
b. Compliance Manager
c. Role-Based Access Control
- Which of the following defines performance targets, like uptime, for an Azure product or service?
a. Service Level Agreements
b. Support Plans
c. Usage Meters
- Which of the following gives all Azure customers a chance to test the beta and other pre-release features?
a. General availability
b. Private Preview
c. Public Preview
- You are running a virtual machine in a public cloud using IaaS. Which model correctly reflects how that resource is managed?
a. Shared responsibility model
b. Cloud user management model
c. User management model
- You are building an application and want to focus on building, testing, and deploying. You do not want to worry about managing the underlying hardware or software. Which cloud service type is best for you?
a. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
b. Platform as a Service (PaaS)
c. Software as a Service (SaaS)
Now that you have answered the sample questions, check how many of them are correct. Remember, the passing percentage is 70% for you to get certified for the Azure fundamentals AZ-900 exam.
Here are the correct answers:
Explanation: High availability keeps the service up and running for long periods of time, with little downtime, depending on the service in question.
Explanation: Management Groups facilitate the hierarchical ordering of Azure resources into collections, at a level of scope above subscriptions. Distinct governance conditions can be applied to each management group, with Azure Policy and Azure RBACs, to manage Azure subscriptions effectively. The resources and subscriptions assigned to a management group automatically inherit the conditions applied to the management group.
Explanation: Blobs. Azure Blob storage is Microsoft’s object storage solution for the cloud. Blob storage is optimized for storing massive amounts of unstructured data, such as text or binary data.
Explanation: JSON: Resource Manager templates are JSON files that define the resources you need to deploy for your solution. You can use the template to easily re-create multiple versions of your infrastructure, such as staging and production
Explanation: Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) can require two or more elements for full authentication.
Explanation: Role-Based Access (RBAC) lets you grant users only the rights they need to perform their jobs.
Explanation: Service Level Agreements. The SLA defines performance targets for an Azure product or service.
Explanation: Public Preview means that an Azure feature is available to all Azure customers for evaluation purposes.
Explanation: Shared responsibility model is the correct answer. Under the shared responsibility model, management of the resource is shared between the cloud provider and the end-user. The cloud provider is responsible for the cloud services infrastructure and the end-user is responsible for the service being configured and managed correctly.
Explanation: Platform as a Service (PaaS) is the best choice here because the PaaS services handle the IT management tasks for you, so you can focus on writing code.
Here is the link to ‘Sample Questions for Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ-900 Certification Exam – Part 2’. Please share your feedback in the below comments section.
Check out the TestPrep material offered by CloudThat to support your learning.
Disclaimer: These questions are NOT appearing in the certification exam. I, personally or CloudThat do not have any official tie-up with Microsoft regarding the certification or the kind of questions asked. These are my best guesses for the kind of questions to expect with Microsoft in general and with the examination.
Feel free to drop any questions in the comment box, I would love to address them. I hope you enjoyed the article. Best of luck!