Hello Readers, welcome back. If you are inclined towards making a career as an Azure Data engineer, taking up the Azure Microsoft Data Solutions Certification DP-201 is the perfect step for you to take.
TABLE OF CONTENT
The DP-201 certification exam introduced by Microsoft for designing an Azure Data solution. This examination is targeted towards IT professionals who work with business stakeholders to identify & meet data requirements, to design Azure Data solutions, Azure Data engineers responsible for data related design tasks i.e., designing storage solutions like relational and non-relational datastores and batch and real-time data processing, security, and compliance related to data. . 75% concepts of DP-200 will be coming for DP-201 exam and most focus is on Great Azure Architecture.
What to expect from this article?
A comprehensive guide including sufficient study material, anticipate questions from respective modules, tips, and tricks, reference inks to self-studying, or instructor-led training are available throughout this article to support your learning and get you upskilled. Case studies and hands-on labs links are also available for anyone.
To get certified as a Microsoft Azure Data Engineer Associate you must clear both DP-200 and DP-201 exams. Before appearing for the DP-201 certification exam, getting the DP-200 certification exam is mandatory to achieve the badge for Microsoft Azure Data Engineer Associate. If you want to attend this exam, then you must design data solutions that use Azure services like Cosmos DB, Synapse analytics, Dynamic storage data factory, stream analytics, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL Database, and most importantly Azure Blog storage.
Percentage of questions for all modules:
- Design Azure Data Solutions (40-45%)
Maximum questions can be expected from this module as Microsoft exam judges you based on your ability to design Azure Data Solutions, your ability to use the relational and non-relational databases, Blog storages, Cosmos DB, Azure SQL Database, Synapse Analytics is a major part of this exam.
- Design Data Processing Solutions (25-30%)
From this module, you can expect questions based on data processing solutions like using Data Factory, Azure Databricks, real-time processing using Stream Analytics and provision compute resources.
- Design for Data Security and Compliance (25-30%)
You can expect questions from this module based on designing security for source data access, plan for secure endpoints, choose appropriate authentication mechanisms such as key access, SAS, Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), and design security for data policies and standards, randomized encryption, deterministic encryption, Transparent Data Encryption (TDE). 15- 18 Questions from this module are scenario-based ones and you will be asked to choose an appropriate service for a particular situation.
Study Material and References:
There are various ways to prepare for this certification. Here is the list:
- Microsoft Official Courseware (MOC) are provided by CloudThat upon enrolment for the course
- Webinar for DP-201 from YouTube conducted by CloudThat team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi3PMrdotv0
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate Learning Path
- Microsoft Documentation
- Instructor lead training is available, which can help you prepare for this exam in a structured manner
CloudThat also provides Test Prep for anyone attempting this course where unlimited access is provided to our library for Azure, MCQs, and performance tracker.
Check out the course link for additional information:
Tips and Tricks:
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Microsoft has removed the hands-on labs from the exam
- However, it may be revoked at any point in the future; get hands-on labs during exam preparation
- To crack the exam, it is highly recommended to go through the hands-on labs to understand how to implement solutions in Azure
- Focus on core Azure data concepts like relational and non-relational databases, Apache Kafka, Blog storages, Cosmos DB, Azure SQL Database, Synapse Analytics
- Lambda architecture, Kappa architecture, Security with respect to all the Data Platform services
- Questions may be asked on a specific core data concept and to describe the steps that are involved
- Refresh through scenario-based questions available in TestPrep
- Do not hesitate to refer to Microsoft Docs whenever in doubt
Do not miss out on taking up CloudThat’s TestPrep before you write the actual exam
Get Certified Now:
It is always great to get the right source of learning to Move Up. At CloudThat we have a course aimed at preparing participants/candidates for DP-900 Azure fundamentals. You can register by visiting the Microsoft website:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/dp-201.
If you have just begun your Microsoft Azure journey related to data in the cloud, then A Comprehensive Guide to crack DP-200: Implementing an Azure Data solutions Certification Exam will be a good course to get started. Join the Azure revolution along with 100+ fortune 500 companies and CloudThat will be there to support your career growth.