TABLE OF CONTENT
Hello Readers! Hope you are doing well. Today we have yet another study guide for candidates seeking to achieve the Azure IoT Developer certification through the Microsoft Azure AZ-220 exam. Azure IoT is uniquely positioned as a fully open, flexible platform that spans industry applications and simplifies the development process. As a certified Azure IoT developer, you can build solutions using these innovations in various amazing ways.
What to expect from this article?
If you plan to attain this certification, you will need proper training and relevant study material to pass the Microsoft Azure Certification exam for IoT Developer – Specialty. A comprehensive study guide for the AZ-220 exam is made available for you here. Eligibility criteria for the exam highlighted points to remember, a summary of all the main learning points included in the modules, and reference material are posted to support your learning growth.
IoT Developers should have a thorough understanding of Azure services, for developing an IoT solution including data storage options, data analysis, data processing, and the Azure IoT PaaS versus SaaS options. Candidates should be able to recognize Azure IoT configuration settings in the coding part of the IoT solution. IoT Developers should have basic programming skills in at least one Azure-supported language, including C#, Node.js, C, Python, or Java.
Key Benefits of AZ-220 Certification:
- Microsoft-certified candidates are oftentimes hired more quickly by employers.
- As an IoT developer, you can set up physical devices and maintain the devices throughout the lifecycle.
- Implement designs for IoT solutions, including device topology, connectivity, debugging, and security.
- For Edge device scenarios, you can also deploy compute/containers and configures device networking, which includes various edge gateway implementations.
- You also get to work with data engineers and stakeholders to ensure successful business integration.
The table below summarizes all additional information about the exam.
Percentage of the question for all the modules:
- Implement the IoT Solution Infrastructure (15-20%)
From this module, you can expect questions based on the creation of an IoT hub, building device messaging and communication, configuring physical IoT devices.
- Provision and Manage Devices (20-25%)
From this module, you can expect questions on implementing Device Provisioning Services (DPS), managing the device lifestyle, managing IoT devices using IoT Hub, and building solution by using IoT Central.
- Implement Edge (15-20%)
This module discusses setting up and deploying IoT Edge devices, creating device identity, update security daemon and runtime, deploy production certificates, Azure Container Registry, develop and configure modules like Modbus and OPC, implement and configure offline support.
- Process and Manage data (15-20%)
This module discussed configuration routine in Azure IoT Hub, configure streaming processing, creating ASA for data stream processing of IoT data, configuring stream analytics outputs, stream analytics Edge module, and Time Series Insights (TSI)
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize IoT solutions (15-20%)
This module covers configuring health monitoring topics such as query and visualize tracing, use Azure Policy definitions for IoT hub, troubleshoot device communication, and conduct performance and stress testing.
- Implement security (15-20%)
In this module, the topics covered are the implementation of device security using DPS, generate and manage x.509 certificates for IoT Devices, implement Azure Defender for IoT Azure IoT Hub.
Study Material and References:
There are various ways to prepare for this certification:
- Microsoft Official Courseware (MOC) is provided by CloudThat upon enrolment for the course.
- Microsoft Learning Path
- Microsoft Documentation
- Case studies for understanding customer requirement
- Instructor lead training is available from CloudThat for structured learning to become Azure IoT Developer
- CloudThat also provides TestPrep for anyone attempting this course where unlimited access is provided to our library for Azure, MCQs, and performance tracker.
Get Certified Now:
Once you are done with your preparation, take the final exam and improve your chance of getting a better job. It is always great to get the right source of learning to Move Up. At CloudThat we have a course aimed at preparing participants/candidates for the AZ-220 exam. You can register by visiting the CloudThat website: https://cloudthat.in/courses/course/microsoft-azure-certification-bootcamp-for-exam-az-220-iot-developer/
Join the Azure revolution along with 100+ fortune 500 companies and CloudThat will be there to support your career growth.