1. Case Study:
Coca-Cola Bottling Company United (Coca-Cola United) has a long history of supplying Coca-Cola products directly to retailers and restaurants. But when Coca-Cola introduced its new Freestyle vending machine, Coca-Cola United, a privately owned company that isn’t owned by Coca-Cola, was challenged to streamline its order and invoicing procedures. It rose to the occasion quickly, using Microsoft Power Automate robotic process automation (RPA). Coca-Cola United is advancing the strategic Freestyle initiative with process automation that matches the individuality and innovation that the product represents. Read more.
2. What to expect from this article?
Technical Business Analysts skilled in Data Modelling, create and enforce business processes, and solve business problems using Power Platform App Maker. Are you willing to get recognized for these skills? Then here is a detailed study guide to crack the Microsoft Power Platform App Maker certification beta exam. By taking the beta exam, you have a chance to obtain the required skills and get awarded with a role-based certification which makes you stand out and gives you a big boost to speed up in this fast-moving world.
Candidates attempting the Microsoft Power Platform App Maker exam should have basic data modeling, user experience design, requirement, and process analysis understanding. Basic understanding of various Power Platform features, tools, and fundamental knowledge about mobile/ tab views. Completion of fundamentals certification exam PL-900, Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals will be useful but not mandatory.
4. Key Benefits
Design solutions that include the high-level design of data sources, data models, real-world objects as entities to fulfill your business requirements
- Get recognized as a highly-skilled professional in the maker tools of Power Platform
- Acquire knowledge about Power Platform components and stay ahead of the technology curve by identifying the business areas where these components fit in
- Get to know the key secret behind building a user-friendly GUI
- Design a security model that fits customer’s business regulations
- Build flows and automate your business process with Microsoft Power Automate
- Create model-driven charts and dashboards
- Manage environmental changes and enforce governance policies in Power Automate.
- Using AI-builder, build, train, and publish a model without writing a line of code and create Power automate flows that add significant business value
- Help clients move their business to the Power Platform cluster
5. Exam Pattern
6. Percentage of Questions from all the modules:
- Design Solution (10-15%)
Questions from this module are based on real-time scenarios, rendering the usage of various Power Platform components and their correct implementation. Data Connectors, Data sources, triggers and actions, and designing high-level data models are a few highlighted topics.
- Create Solution (55-60%)
Creation of various Power Platform Solutions like model-driven apps, canvas apps, data sources and configuring them, creating Power Automate flows are some of the topics in this module from which the questions will be asked in the exam. A maximum number of questions are asked from this module as creating solutions using all various Power Platform components are real-time applications.
- Analyze and Visualize Data (5-10%)
Model-driven charts, model-driven dashboards can be created with Power BI. Real-time scenario questions based on using AI-builder to build, train, and publish models are included in the exam questionnaire.
- Implement and Manage Solutions (15-20%)
From this module, you can expect questions on implementation, configuration, and managing various solutions. Testing tools are available to help validate accessibility, deploy solutions in between different environment, and create, restore and publish a new version of apps
7. How to prepare for the exam
There are various ways to prepare for this certification
- Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) are provided by CloudThat upon enrolment for the course
- Microsoft Power Platform App Maker Learning Path
- Microsoft Documentation
- Case studies for understanding customer requirement
- Instructor lead training is available, which can help you learn the Power Platform App Maker with a structured approach
- CloudThat provides TestPrep and labs for practice to anyone attempting this course where unlimited access is provided to our library for Azure, MCQs, and performance tracker
8. Tips & Tricks:
- Explore all the makers’ tools of Power Platform
- Acquire a thorough understanding of PowerApps – the types, the components involved in making an app in PowerApps Studio such as variables, collections, functions, custom controls, navigations, etc.
- Practice flows by exploring and building various types of flows using Power Automate
- Create a Power BI Dashboard with visuals, understand the Power query editor
- Work with Microsoft Dataverse, permissions and administration using Power Platform Admin Centre
- Do not miss out on the best practices of using Power Automate flows and working with Data Loss Prevention (DLP) policies
- If you are using a trial instance for practice, watch a detailed video of UI Flows to have a fair idea about the same.
- Do not hesitate to refer to Microsoft Docs whenever in doubt.
- Make sure you practice thoroughly with the CloudThat Testprep
9. Get Certified Now:
It is always great to get the right source of learning to Move Up. At CloudThat we have a course aimed at preparing participants/candidates for Microsoft Power Platform App Maker. You can register for an instructor-led training by visiting the Microsoft website.
If you have just begun your Power Platform journey, and want to take an extended step towards working with data, enhancing user experience, adding value to your business and customers, then “Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals PL-900 Certification Exam” will be one of the best course to get started.
Check out the Sample Questions for the Microsoft Power Platform App Maker PL-100 Certification Exam blog and go through the explanation.
“It’s 2021, and every organization – large, medium, or small, needs an app maker. Particularly one who can build good looking, highly productive, and secure apps in a day.”
Join the Power Platform revolution along with 100+ fortune 500 companies and CloudThat will be there to support your career growth.
For any queries or feedback, drop a comment below in the comment section and I will try my best to resolve and respond to you at the earliest.